Creating Session Pools for Dedicated Sessions
When you use dedicated sessions, each session is associated with a specific logical unit (LU) or terminal or station ID to ensure that specific sessions are assigned to specific clients at run-time.
|To create a session pool to use with dedicated sessions
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Services Builder for Screens.
- Under Services Builder for Screens, expand the Servers tree, expand a run-time server, then click Configure.
- From the Configure page in the MCS right pane, click the Pools tab.
- Under Select Pool to Configure, click New.
- Use the new pool wizard to configure the new session pool.
- For 3270 and 5250 sessions, on the General Configuration page, set Initial Sessions to 0 (zero).
A session will be created on demand when a request is made for a specific LU or ID.
- In the client application, set the instance name property for the task to match the LU or terminal or station ID you want to use.
For examples of how to specify LUs in a client application, see Implementing LU Support, Example.