Creating or Editing a T27 Configuration
If you use ID management, you must create a named pool in MCS and assign an ID to that pool before you can establish a connection with the host and create a task.
|To create a T27 configuration
- If you plan to use MCS to provide station IDs, create a named pool in MCS.
- In Task Builder, create a new project.
- In the Choose Host Type dialog box, click T27, and then click OK.
- In the Specify T27 Configuration dialog box, select a configuration from the list, or click New to create a new configuration.
- If you clicked New, in the T27 Connection Settings - General page under Host IP Address or Domain Name, type the IP address or domain name of the host to which you want to connect.
- If required by your host, specify a terminal type. Otherwise, use the default value, Auto Select.
A connection will be established using the first terminal type that works with your host.
- If you want to obtain station IDs from MCS, select Use ID Manager, specify the MCS server address, and specify an ID pool name.
Under Station ID, type a station ID (up to 16 characters).
||This option is available only if the Use ID Manager check box is cleared.
- If you need to specify a translation table, click the Translations tab.
For more information about options in the Host Settings dialog box, with the relevant page displayed, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- Click Save.
- In the New Configuration dialog box, type a configuration name, and then click OK.
The configuration file name cannot contain the following characters: / \ : * ? " < > | # % or +.
- Review your connection information, and then click Connect.
Task Builder connects to the host using the configuration you've specified.
|To edit a T27 configuration
- In an open project, from the Host menu, choose Connection Settings.