Adding a Server to a Cluster
You can add an MCS server to an existing cluster during installation. Alternatively, if you ever need to manually add a server to an existing MCS server cluster, you can do so using the following procedure.
||All servers in a cluster must have the same MCS management components installed. If you're adding a server to a cluster during installation, make sure that you install all the necessary components. If you want to add a server to a cluster later, make sure that you install all the necessary components on the server before you add the server to the cluster.
|To manually add a server to an MCS server cluster
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Server Management.
- Under Server Management, click Cluster Management.
- In the MCS right pane, on the Add Server page under Cluster Name, select the name of the cluster to which you want to add the server.
When you select the cluster name, the servers that belong to that cluster appear under Server Name.
- Type the host name and port number of the server you are adding.
- Click Add to save the server information and add the server to the selected cluster.
- Restart the HTTP engine or application server on the new server in the cluster so that it will be detected by the primary server.