Register Run-time Servers
After verifying that every computer to which a task will be deployed is part of an agent cluster, you must register the run-time servers that will be used to build your failover lists. Failover lists are created for each task and agent cluster combination.
|To register a run-time server
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Services Builder for Screens.
- From the Services Builder for Screens tree in the MCS left pane, expand the Deployments tree, expand the Tasks tree, then choose Registered Runtimes.
- From the Registered Runtime Servers page, click Add.
- In the Add Runtime Server page under Runtime Server Name, type a name for your server/pool association. This name appears in a list of registered run-time servers when you later configure your task.
The name can be anything that's meaningful to you. It may be different from the name you gave the server when you added it in MCS, and probably should be different if that server has more than one session pool.
- Type the host name or IP address, and the RMI port address of the computer on which the Runtime Service is installed.
The default RMI port is 6700. To use a different RMI port, you must change the RMI port on the Runtime Service server and then enter the new RMI port address here.
- (Optional) If the name of the session pool you want to use does not match the name of the associated project, type a pool name to use.
The URL, which describes the location of the runtime server, is created automatically as you add values for the other options, protocol://hostname:port/?contextName=pool. If you edit the URL directly, your changes also affect the corresponding options.
- Click OK.