Configure a Run-time Server
The number of pools that you configure to run your enterprise applications must take into account the number of stateful and stateless EJBs that have been configured and deployed. You must create one session pool for each stateful EJB.
A stateless EJB runs and closes, freeing up the connector for another instance of the EJB, so fewer connectors are needed and fewer session pools. EJBs preserve state by keeping a reference to the J2EE connector between calls to its business methods.
|To create a session pool
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Services Builder for Screens.
- From the Services Builder for Screens tree in the MCS left pane, expand the Servers tree, expand a run-time server, then choose Configure.
- From the Configure page, click the Pools tab.
- Under Select Pool to Configure, click the New button.
- Use the new pool wizard to configure the new session pool.
For details about any of the pages in the wizard, click the Help link in the upper right hand corner of the page.