Change Step Destinations and Complete the Task
The remaining required steps are part of the normal workflow. Test the task, then follow the steps in the How To Add Tasks to Client Applications. However, there are a number of reasons why it may be necessary to modify the step destination of the custom step before you complete the task, as described below.
|To complete the task
- Since we implemented our custom step adapter to handle a single host vehicle screen and any number of these screens may occur, it is necessary to make sure that the custom step can transition back to itself.
- Select the custom step and, from the Step menu, select Advanced and then Add Step Destination.
- From the dialog box, choose the custom step as the step destination to insert.
The navigation engine now knows that this step can transition to itself.
- If multiple vehicle screens were encountered while recording the original task, it is necessary to change the step destination of the custom step to the final step of the task, bypassing previously recorded vehicle screens.
- If an invalid SSN is entered the task returns to the screen where the SSN is entered. To remedy this situation you could either record a branch scenario, or insert a step destination from the initial step to the last step.
Test your task in Task Builder to determine if the step adapter implementation works as expected. If needed, fix any problems by rewriting the Java code, compiling, and replacing the current .class file.
Generate the task and publish the project following the standard workflow.
- To modify the task so that the client application can supply the SSN for each execution, drag the field where the SSN is entered to the Task Inputs tree and if necessary, rename it.