Create ID Pools
The first step in setting up ID management is to create a pool of host access IDs.
|To create a pool of IDs
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click ID Management.
- Under ID Management, click Configure IDs.
- In the MCS right pane, in the pool tree, select either All IDs or an existing pool type, right-click to display the shortcut menu, and click New Pool.
The Pool Creation series of pages guides you through creating a new pool. For detailed information about options on any of these pages, including a description of each pool type, click Help.
- In the New Pool page under Pool Type, select Named Pool, and then type a name for your pool. Pool names cannot contain spaces.
- Set the pool lease and inactivity timeouts to zero (0).
For more information about timeout values and reclaiming IDs, see the Monitoring Host Access ID Usage topic.
- Click Next to add IDs to the pool.