Accessing the MCS Console
You can access the Management & Control Services (MCS) console either locally, from the server on which it is installed, or remotely, from a networked PC.
|To access the MCS console
- Use one of the following methods to run the console:
- For an unsecured (http) connection, run your Web browser and enter the following URL:
host is the IP address or domain name of the server on which MCS is running (or "localhost" if running locally), and port is the port on which MCS is listening. For example,
- For a secured (https) connection, enter the following URL:
host is the IP address or domain name of the server on which MCS is running, and SSLport is the secured port on which MCS is listening.
- (Windows only) Click the Start button, point to Programs, and then click Attachmate Management and Control Services.
This method is applicable only from the PC on which MCS is installed. Also, this method does not create a secured connection; for a secured connection, use the method above.
- When prompted, enter your user name and password.
||When you access the MCS console for the first time, log on using the "system" account and the password that was entered during the MCS installation. For subsequent access, log on as one of the users to which you gave console access permissions in MCS.
Logging Off the MCS Console
After you log in to the MCS console (if a user name and/or password are required), you remain logged in to the current session until you close the browser window. Until you close the browser window, your user name and/or password remain active within the browser, allowing anyone to navigate back to the MCS console using the browser's Back button and other history features.
In order to fully log off an MCS console session, you must close the browser window when you are finished using MCS.