Configuring Run-time Services
Presentation Builder Runtime Service provides the following services to support your Presentation Builder solution. In most cases, the installed default configuration will be adequate. However, to remain flexible to alternative uses, some properties are configurable. Choose from the links below for more information about the properties you can configure.
- Application Loading Service. Loads application classes into the run-time engine for presentation to end users.
- Application Resource Loader. Loads application resources, such as background images, into the run-time engine for presentation to end users.
- Coder Lookup Service. Ensures that your designed application is presented to end users in a way that's appropriate to their environment by looking up transcoders and decoders appropriate to the client type (browser or Presentation Renderer applet).
- Form Loading Factory Service. Provides a form loader to application instances. The form loader loads application forms into the run-time engine for presentation to end users.
- Logging Service. Logs messages such as communication errors. This service is started first and turned on by default.
- Session Loading Factory Service. Provides host access for applications that connect to hosts.
- Transcoder Service. Provides support for the transcoding process. This service is not configurable.
- MCS Agent Service. Provides logging to MCS. To activate this service, the MCSHandler must be uncommented in the Logging Service.
|To configure run-time services
- Stop HTTP Engine.
- With a text editor, open the following file:
- Scroll to the section for the service you want to configure, and then modify properties as needed.
- Save the file.
- Re-start HTTP Engine.