Troubleshooting ID Management
If you have problems using ID management, follow these steps.
|To troubleshoot ID management
- Verify that the server meets the minimum system requirements necessary to use this product.
- If you assigned IDs to user names, make sure the user is prompted to provide a user name when accessing the presentation.
The authentication method specified in Presentation Manager determines whether or not a user name prompt appears. You can disable authentication only if you assign presentations to specific users or groups. This ensures that a user name prompt appears when the user accesses the myAccess Links page.
- Make sure the application is set up to use ID management. For 3270 and 5250 connections, it must contain an Execute action that executes ID management.
- Make sure the lease and inactivity timeouts are correct.
For example, if the presentations are closing unexpectedly, the inactivity timeout might be too short. If needed, change these timeouts.
- If you cannot identify and solve the problem without assistance, contact your product distributor.
Call from a location where you have access to the server.
- Search the Attachmate SupportWeb site for more information, or contact Attachmate.