Installing on Windows: Runtime Service
Presentation Runtime Service is a tool for processing the communications between the host and users of your custom application.
||Installation procedures will vary based upon components selected and Attachmate products previously installed.
||Disable any virus-scanning software before beginning any installation. Running virus-scanning software during installation can result in missing or corrupted files, or other installation errors.
|To install Runtime Service
- Select Install Runtime Service on the CD Browser.
- Type the access code for Presentation Builder.
The access code is located on the CD package or on the Attachmate Software License Agreement.
- Review the Getting Started documentation.
- Review the license agreement, then select I Accept the Terms of the License Agreement.
- Confirm the components that you want to install.
For information about the components you can install, see Choosing the Right Components to Install. Components previously installed may not appear on the list of available components.
- Accept the default installation destination or choose Browse to change the installation destination.
Note the space required against the space available.
- Select the HTTP port configuration.
Accept the default configurations provided in editable text boxes or enter valid port numbers. The default ports are 8086 (http) or 8447 (https).
- Select HTTP engine local host name.
Accept the default local host name, IP address, or select Use This Fully Qualified Domain Name or IP Address and type the name or IP address in the text box provided.
- Choose an MCS cluster to join from the list of available clusters or, to specify an existing MCS Server, type the Host Name or IP Address and Port number in the editable text boxes.
- Type an MCS server user ID and password.
This password will enable users to access Presentation Builder applications. Record and store it in a secure location.
- Verify that all selected components installed correctly, and then click Finish.