Installing on Windows: MCS
Management & Control Services (MCS) is a Web-based server console that administrators can use to centrally manage and configure Attachmate management components.
||Installation procedures will vary based upon components selected and Attachmate products previously installed.
||Disable any virus-scanning software before beginning any installation. Running virus-scanning software during installation can result in missing or corrupted files, or other installation errors.
|To install MCS
- Select Install MCS on the CD Browser.
- Type the access code for Presentation Builder.
The access code is located on the CD package or on the Attachmate Software License Agreement.
- Review the Getting Started documentation.
- Review the license agreement, then select I Accept the Terms of the License Agreement.
- Confirm the components that you want to install.
For information about the components you can install, see Choosing the Right Components to Install. Components previously installed may not appear on the list of available components.
- Accept the default installation destination or choose Browse to change the installation destination.
Note the space required against the space available.
- Select the HTTP port configuration.
Accept the default configurations provided in the editable text boxes or enter valid port numbers. The default ports are 8086 (http) or 8447 (https).
- Select HTTP engine local host name.
Accept the default local host name, IP address, or select Use This Fully Qualified Domain Name or IP Address and type the name or IP address in the text box provided.
- Type and confirm an MCS administrator password.
This password will enable administrators to add and remove user access to Presentation Builder applications. Record and store it in a secure location.
- Choose an MCS installation type.
If you select Start A New Cluster, you will be prompted to enter a name for the new cluster. Cluster names cannot contain the characters &, ", or <.
If you select Join An Existing Cluster, you will be prompted to choose from a list of available clusters or specify an existing MCS Server and type its Host Name or IP Address and Port number in the editable text boxes.
||Before you add a server to an existing MCS cluster, make sure that you have selected to install all of the management components that are already installed on the other servers in that cluster.
If you cannot install the same components as part of this installation process (for example, if the servers in the cluster have components from more than one Attachmate product), install this server as a standalone server, and then after you have installed all the necessary components, use the MCS console to add the server to an existing cluster.
- Select which shortcuts, if any, that you wish to appear on your desktop.
The full installation process will begin. This may take a few minutes, depending on the number of components being installed.
- Verify that all selected components installed correctly, and then click Finish.