Publish Your Application to MCS
When you publish an application, Presentation Designer embeds it into a presentation and moves it from your system to the MCS server, where you can make the presentation available to end users.
|To publish an application to MCS
- Open your project in Presentation Designer.
- From the File menu, choose Publish Application.
The Publish Application dialog box appears showing the name, description, owner, and theme of your project.
- (Optional) If you want your application to have a different name, description, or owner than your project, change this information now.
You cannot change the theme at this time because your application and project cannot have different themes.
- In the Publish Application dialog box, from the Application Type list box, select either
Java Renderer or
See the Java Renderer and HTML Considerations topic for more information about this choice.
- (Optional) If you want to publish your application to a different MCS server than the one specified when Presentation Designer was installed, click the MCS tab and specify a different server.
- Choose OK.
Depending on your choice of application type, Presentation Designer does one of the following, and then moves that file from your system to the MCS server.
|For this application type
||Places the elements for your custom application into a compressed Java archive (.jar) file.
||Transcodes the elements for your custom application into HTML.
The Create Presentation dialog box appears showing the name of your application (with "
_HTML" appended if you chose that application type), and the description and owner of your project.
- (Optional) If you want your presentation to have a different name, description, or owner, change this information now.
- Choose OK.
Presentation Designer embeds your custom application into a default presentation that you can assign to end users with Presentation Manager in MCS.