- In the Event editor, from the Actions List, click the Session button.
- From the Actions List, under Session, drag the ID Management item into the Event Steps tree, under ApplicationStartup and before (above) the Connect action.
- Under ID Management Properties, select the Pool Type configured in MCS to provide IDs to this application.
For more information about this selection, see step 1 in How to Provide Host Access IDs to Clients.
- Under ID Management Properties, select the Host Type which your managed ID is configured for.
For more information about this selection, see step 2 in How to Provide Host Access IDs to Clients.
- Under ID Management Properties, type the Host Address which your managed ID is configured for.
If you don't know the Host Address, contact your MCS administrator, or leave this field blank.
- Click the Assign Data to Pool Type button.
The Assign Data to Pool Type dialog box appears, showing the eligible data on the left, and the available input on the right. The available input depends on the pool type selected.
- Under Eligible Data, expand the Client Runtime Env. Variables node, and select the variable you want to use to identify the client.
- Under ID Management, right-click the input and choose Add Mapping.
When this action is executed, the client runtime environment variable selected will be sent from your application as input to MCS to return the correct ID.
- Click OK to close the Assign Data to Pool Type dialog box.