Add IDs to a Pool
You can create new IDs when you create your pools or, later, as a separate step.
|To add IDs to a pool
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click ID Management.
- Under ID Management, click Configure IDs.
- In the MCS right pane, select an existing pool from the tree, right-click to display the shortcut menu, and then choose New ID.
When you choose New ID, a series of pages guides you through selecting options for your ID. The pages are different, depending on your selections in the New ID page. For information about the options on these pages, click Help.
- In the New ID page, specify a Host Type, ID Name, and ID Type. Do not specify a Host Name.
The host type you select determines the ID naming conventions and ID types available to you. Regardless of the host type, the ID name you specify cannot include spaces or commas. IDs for 5250 sessions cannot begin with a number.
For 3270 and 5250 sessions, the ID name is the dedicated resource that you will use to configure your host connection.
For UTS and T27 sessions, ID names must map to valid UTS terminal IDs or T27 station IDs on the host.
If you select a UTS host type, the only ID Type available is Application.
- To automatically generate a range of IDs based on the ID Name you specify, select Range. You can pad the start value by prefixing additional zeros, for example, you could start with 00100.