Creating or Editing a UTS Connection
You can create, modify, or delete a UTS connection when you create or modify a UTS configuration. Presentation Designer includes two predefined connections: one for DCP (Distributed Communications Processor) connections; and one for HLC (Host LAN Controller) connections. Before you can use either of these, you must specify the host IP address or domain name.
The changes you make to a connection take effect the next time the connection is initialized (for example, accessing an environment that uses a different connection and then returning to the environment that uses the modified connection).
|To create a UTS connection
- Create or modify a UTS configuration.
- From the UTS Connection Settings - Connections page, click New.
- From the New Connection dialog box, type a name for the connection (up to 12 characters), and then click OK.
- From the UTS Connection Settings - Connections page under Connections, select the name of the new connection, and then specify a host address and connection type.
For a description of options on this page, with the page displayed, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- Click OK.
|To edit an existing connection
- Select the connection name in the Connections list and make changes as desired.
- Click OK.
Changes you make to environments or connections are saved globally, and reflected in both the current project and in any new project in which they are used. Existing projects (other than the current project) will not be updated to use the new values.