Creating or Editing a UTS Configuration
If you use ID management, you must create a named pool in MCS and assign an ID to that pool before you can establish a connection with the host and create an application.
Alternatively, you can configure the host to use a PID pool rather than using ID management. For more information, contact your host administrator.
|To create a UTS configuration
- If you plan to use MCS to provide terminal IDs, create a named pool in MCS.
- In Presentation Designer, create a new project.
- In the Choose Host Type dialog box, click UTS, and then click OK.
- In the Specify UTS Configuration dialog box, select a configuration in the list, or click New to create a new configuration.
||The configurations in this list can be considered templates. After selecting a configuration, any changes you make are saved as part of your project, and used only for the current project.
Changes you make to environments or connections are saved globally, and reflected in both the current project and in any new project in which they are used. Existing projects (other than the current project) will not be updated to use the new values.
- If you clicked New, in the Host Settings dialog box, specify the options you require. At a minimum, you must specify the following:
|On this page
|Connection Settings - General page
- Select Use ID Management, and then specify the name of an ID pool and the MCS server address.
Specify a terminal ID. The terminal ID (TID) you specify must be unique within the entire network. This option is available only if the Use ID Management check box is cleared.
- Select an environment from the drop-down list.
If you need to create or modify an environment before you can make the selection you need, click the Environments page.
|Connection Settings - Environments page
- Under Environments, select the predefined environment, or click New to create a new environment.
The environment specifies the host application to access and the connection to use.
If you have to create or modify a connection before you can make the selection you need, click the Connection tab. The first time you use one of the predefined connections, you must specify the host IP address or domain name to use.
|Connection Settings - Connection page
- Under Connections, select one of the predefined connections, or click New to create a new connection.
- If you need to specify a translation table, on the Connection Settings - UTS Translations page under Translation Files, select a file.
- Click OK on the Host Settings dialog box.
For information about options in this dialog box, with the relevant page displayed, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- In the New Configuration dialog box, type a configuration name, and then click OK.
- Review your connection information, and then click Finish.
Presentation Designer connects to the host using the configuration you've specified.
|To edit the UTS configuration for an existing project