- If you plan to use MCS to provide station IDs, create a named pool in MCS.
- In Presentation Designer, create a new project.
- In the Choose Host Type dialog box, click T27, and then click OK.
- In the Specify T27 Configuration dialog box, select a configuration from the list, or click New to create a new configuration.
||The configurations in this list can be considered templates. After selecting a configuration, any changes you make are saved as part of your project, and used only for the current project.
- If you clicked New, in the T27 Connection Settings - General page under Host IP Address or Domain Name, type the IP address or domain name of the host to which you want to connect.
- If required by your host, specify a terminal type. Otherwise, use the default value, Auto Select.
A connection will be established using the first terminal type that works with your host.
- If you want to obtain station IDs from MCS, select Use ID Management, specify the MCS server address, and specify an ID pool name.
Under Station ID, type a station ID (up to 16 characters).
||This option is available only if the Use ID Management check box is cleared.
- If you need to specify a translation table, click the Translations tab.
For more information about options in the Host Settings dialog box, with the relevant page displayed, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- Click OK.
- In the New Configuration dialog box, type a configuration name, and then click OK.
- Review your connection information, and then click Finish.
Presentation Designer connects to the host using the configuration you've specified.