Overview: Extending Applications Programmatically
Presentation Builder provides several ways for you to extend your applications beyond the functionality available in the Presentation Designer User Interface. More information about support for Presentation Builder extensibility is included in the following sections:
- Renderer API. The API exposes methods which allow you to implement within your Java Renderer applications client functionality unavailable in the Presentation Designer user interface.
- QACOM API. This API provides support for custom functions, which you can create and implement within your applications to control host communication and synchronization.
- Modifying Custom.js. When you create and publish an HTML application, a script file, custom.js, is associated with it. You can modify the custom.js file to add or enhance the functionality of your application.
- Adding HTML and Script. You can improve your application by adding your own HTML, script, or controls, to the HTML file or frameset that contains your published application. HTML applications created and published using Presentation Designer are written to HTML documents.
- Custom Functions, Overview. A custom function is a user-defined Java class that can be executed as a single step within a Presentation Builder event handler to perform a specific task.