Adding Functions to Events
Presentation Designer provides a built-in library of math and string functions that you can use to manipulate data within your application when an event is run. You can map any eligible data to the function inputs. To get the output, see the Getting Data Returned from a Service Action topic. To learn how to create your own custom functions, see Using Custom Functions.
|To add a function to an event
- Create an event, and then add an Function action to it.
You may need to choose the Services button from the Actions list to access the Function action.
- (Optional) From the Function Properties pane, customize the Step Reference ID.
These IDs can be especially helpful if you are using multiple Function actions.
- Click the Browse button to select a function.
The Select Function dialog box appears displaying the function libraries.
- Select the function you want to add to the current event, and then click OK.
- Click the Assign Function Inputs button.
The Assign Function Inputs dialog box appears, showing the eligible data on the left, and the available inputs on the right.
- Map a data element from your application into an input from the function, and then click the Add Mapping button.
Create a constant (right-click an operation input and choose Map Constant), and type any value to map to the input.
- The eligible data will consist of two client run-time environment variables (IPAddress and UserName), all of the controls on the current form, and any previously defined global variables. The results of other mappings may also be available.
- The available inputs depend on the function. You can select an input and click the Properties button at the bottom of the window to learn more about it.
- Click OK.