Map a Keyboard Shortcut to a String
You can map a key to a character string that you must type frequently (such as a department name).
To map a key to send the string "Engineering Department"
- In X Manager or X Manager for Domains, click Tools > Keyboard Maps.
- For Select Keyboard Map, select an editable keyboard map.
Note: The default keyboard maps are not editable. Click Clone to create a new custom keyboard map based on an existing keyboard map.
- In the Keyboard Maps dialog box, click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
- In the Shortcuts column, click the + sign.
- In the Specify Shortcut Key Combination dialog box, select Alt and type \ (backslash), then click OK.
- Alt + Backslash is now highlighted in the Shortcuts column.
- Click Send String and type the string Engineering Department. Whenever you press Alt + Backslash, Reflection X Advantage will send the characters Engineering Department as if you had typed them.
Note: Administrators can also configure Keyboard Maps from the Domain Definitions tab.