Configure Sessions using the Administrative WebStation
Before you begin
- Install X Manager (standalone) on administrator and user computers. These must be Windows systems.
- Install Reflection Security Gateway on a server. (This installs two servers, the Reflection Management Server and the Reflection Security Proxy.) Make sure you have administrative credentials to log onto the Reflection Management Server.
To deploy a session with the Administrative WebStation
- In a Web browser, launch Reflection Security Gateway and log on as an administrator. Click Administrative WebStation.
- In the Administrative WebStation navigation pane, under Activities select Session Manager.
- In the Session Manager, click Add to open the Add New Session page.
- In the Add New Session page, select X Advantage, enter a session name, and click Continue.
- By default Start X Manager in notification area of taskbar is enabled. With this option X clients are launched on user desktops and X Manager runs in the background on the user's machine. Users see only the clients that are configured to open at startup.
- (Optional) In X Manager Preferences, make your selection for FIPS mode. Select this checkbox to enable FIPS, which enforces the United States government Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 for this session.
- (Optional) Add any comments that you want to have available for review in the Administrative WebStation.
- Click Launch. This launches X Manager in Administrative WebStation mode.
- Configure one or more X clients that you wish to make available to your end users.
- Test your connection. In response to the Host Key Unknown prompt, click Always. This adds the key to the known hosts list in the configuration you save to the web server so users won't see the prompt.
Note: The option to save a host key by selecting Always is not available for sessions running in WebStation User Mode.
- Go to File > Exit. Click Save/Exit to close your session and save the configuration to the Reflection Security Gateway Administrative WebStation.
- From the Reflection Security Gateway Administrative WebStation, map access for your users.