Map a Keyboard Shortcut to an X Keysym
You can map a key or a key sequence to an . For example, you can map the Alt key combined with the ` ~ key to send a Euro symbol (€).
To map a Euro symbol to a Keyboard Shortcut
- In X Manager or X Manager for Domains, click Tools > Keyboard Maps.
- For Select Keyboard Map, select an editable keyboard map.
Note: The default keyboard maps are not editable. Click Clone to create a new custom keyboard map based on an existing keyboard map.
- In the Keyboard Maps dialog box, click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
- In the Shortcut column, click the + sign.
- In the Specify Shortcut Key Combination dialog box, select Alt. Position your cursor in the Press a key field and click the ` ~ (backquote/tilde) key. If you don't have this key on your keyboard, select another key.
- Click OK.
Alt+Back Quote is now selected in the Shortcut list.
- Click the Send X Keysyms button and then click the + sign to the right of X Keysyms to send.
- In the Select X Keysym dialog box, select the EuroSign.
- To find the Euro symbol quickly, type "euro" in the Only list X Keysyms whose names contain field.
- Select EuroSign from the Select X Keysyms from list field, then click OK.
Note: Administrators can also configure Keyboard Maps from the Domain Definitions tab.