Start in Domain Mode
You can start X Manager for Domains from the graphical user interface (GUI) or the command line.
To start X Manager for Domains from your computer desktop
- Start X Manager for Domains:
From the Start menu, point to All Programs > Attachmate Reflection > X Manager for Domains.
From the Applications menu, point to Attachmate Reflection > X Manager for Domains.
(On some platforms, you may need to log out after your initial install, then log in again to see this menu item.)
- Log on to the Reflection X domain:
- For Username and password, enter your credentials to log onto the Reflection X Advantage domain. If your domain is configured to use the default authentication option (Windows authentication on Windows systems and PAM authentication on non-Windows systems), you can log on using the same credentials you use to log on to your computer.
- For Domain, enter the Reflection X Advantage domain name. (The Reflection X Advantage domain name is always the same as the name of the computer running the domain controller.)
- (Optional) Once you are logged on, to log onto a different domain, from the File menu, choose Log Off, and then select Log On.
To start X Manager for Domains from the command line
- From a command prompt, navigate to your Reflection X Advantage program folder. The default location is:
Note: On Windows the program folder is added to the path by the installer, so this step is optional.
Windows: C:\Program Files\Attachmate\Reflection
- Use the following command to start X Manager for Domains:
Note: Command line options are available. For example, you can specify domain name; logon credentials; and sessions and clients that you want to start. For details, see rxmgrdomains Command Line. The options described apply to the startup command on all platforms.