Deploying Sessions Using a Custom Template
Templates are definition files that are installed to the Reflection X Advantage templates folder. Templates are imported for each user the first time the user runs X Manager or X Manager for Domains. Depending on how you create them, definition files may be imported silently or included in the Import Templates and Migrated Settings dialog box that displays on initial startup.
Note: If you run Reflection X Advantage in domain mode, you can create and share public settings definitions instead of (or in addition to) creating and deploying custom templates. Unlike deployed templates, public definitions can be created and modified after X Manager for Domains has already been installed on user workstations.
To create a custom template
- From X Manager or X Manager for Domains, click File > Export.
- Select the definitions you want to include in the template.
- Use the Template configuration options to configure how users will import this template.
- If you want to enable users to select the template from a list, enter a Template name. This name shows up in the list of available templates in the Import Templates and Migrated Settings dialog box that displays on initial startup. (This name is not displayed if Automatically import template on first run is selected.)
- To configure the template to be imported silently, select Automatically import template on first run.
- Click Export. Enter a filename and click Save to complete the export process.
- Put this template in the Reflection X Advantage templates folder. For deployments to Windows systems, you can use Attachmate Customization Tool to create a companion installer package for your templates and run this package automatically after the product installation. This ensures that templates are available to users on initial startup. See Install Custom Templates with a Companion Installer Package.