Suspend and Resume (X Manager for Domains)
If you are running X Manager for Domains, you can configure sessions that support the ability to leave the session without actually terminating the connection with the X client application. After you leave a session, the display closes, but the session is persisted in memory on a domain node. When you join the session, you see your client display as you left it — there's no need to restart your client application or start a new session.
To leave a session without stopping the session or the client
- Configure a Reflection X Advantage domain with at least one domain node.
- Configure a session definition to support suspend and resume. (On the General tab, under Remote Session Services, select any of the options that include Session suspend/resume.)
- Configure your client to use this session and start the client.
Under the session definition, you should see a running session appear. The host shown for this session will be one of the domain nodes.
- To leave the session, select the running session and click the leave icon, , or right-click the session and click Leave. The running session icon changes to show that the session is now suspended. You can close X Manager for Domains at this point and the session will remain active and suspended on the domain node.
To rejoin the suspended session
- Log into the Reflection X Advantage domain from any computer with X Manager for Domains running that has access to the domain controller. This can be the same computer from which you suspended the session or a different computer. You should see your running, suspended session.
- To rejoin the session, select the suspended session click the join icon, , or right-click the session and click Join. The client display reopens as you left it.