Add a Companion Installer to your Installation
After you've created a companion package (.msi) with ACT, use this procedure to add it to your product installation. When end users run Setup.exe, any added packages are automatically installed after the primary installation is complete.
To add a companion installer package to your installation
- From your administrative installation point, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a shortcut or by typing the following command line:
- Select Create a new setup customization file for the following product, and then click OK.
- From the navigation pane, select User Interface and then select Use this customization with interactive installs using setup.exe.
- From the navigation pane, click Add installation and run programs.
- Click Add.
The Add/Modify Program Entry dialog box opens.
- In the Target list, browse to select the companion installer file (.msi).
- Select Run this program after the base product has been installed.
- Click OK.
- Click File > Save As to save your transform.
The Attachmate Customization Tool automatically updates the Setup.ini file, adding a [RunPrograms] section with instructions for installing your companion installer package.