Revert settings to inherited values
- When you create a group or user subconfiguration, the value of any setting marked with an asterisk () is no longer inherited. This means that the server always applies the specified value, regardless of any subsequent changes you make to global or inherited group settings.
- If you change the value of a non-inherited setting to match the inherited value, it does not return the setting to the inherited state.
To revert settings to use inherited values
- Open the Group Configuration (or User Configuration) pane.
- Select the group (or user) you want to modify, and then click Edit.
- Navigate to the pane whose settings you want to modify.
Note: Pay attention to the settings that are marked with an asterisk. The next step reloads inherited values for all of the settings on this pane. You will need to reconfigure any settings you want to keep in the subconfiguration.
- Click Reload inherited settings, and then click Yes in response to the confirmation prompt.
- Reconfigure any settings you want to keep in this subconfiguration.
- Click OK.
- Save your settings (File > Save Settings).