Install and Uninstall Reflection for Secure IT
- You must be logged in as an Administrator to install, configure, and run Reflection for Secure IT.
- If you are installing FileXpress Gateway, see the FileXpress Gateway Administrator's Guide for additional setup and configuration information.
To install Reflection for Secure IT Server for Windows from the download site
- Click the download link and run the download program.
- Select a location for the installer files and click OK.
The files are extracted to the specified location, and the Attachmate Setup program starts.
- (Optional) To personalize the installation, click the User Information tab and enter the name, organization, and Volume Purchase Agreement (VPA) number (if you have a VPA).
Note: VPA numbers are used by customer support to expedite service requests.
- (Optional) To change the default installation folder, click the File Location tab and browse to the folder in which you want to install Reflection for Secure IT.
- Click Install Now.
- The server is not fully functional until you restart your computer. To reboot immediately, select Restart my computer for me and click Close.
Note: After a restart, the server runs automatically. A Windows Service called "Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Server" is created with an automatic startup type.
To uninstall Reflection for Secure IT
- Log in as an administrator.
- From the Windows Programs and Features (or the Add or Remove Programs) control panel, select Reflection for Secure IT Server for Windows Server.
- Click Uninstall (or Remove).