Set Up for your Evaluation
For this evaluation, you'll use three systems:
- The Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition server
- A file server
- A user workstation
Note: For detailed system requirements, see the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition Administrator's Guide.
To install an evaluation copy of Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition on the Web Edition server
- Log in as an administrator on the Windows Server that you are using as your Web Edition server.
- Go to the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition evaluation request page. Enter the requested user information, and click Submit. This sends an email message with download instructions to the address you provided.
- Open your Attachmate Product Evaluation email message and click the download link. This link takes you to a list of available downloads, including both Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition and the free PKI Services Manager Add-On.
Note: For this evaluation you do not need to install PKI Services Manager.
- Click the "rsit-webedition..." file that is appropriate for your Windows Server system.
- Select a location for the installer files and click OK. The files are extracted to the specified location, and the Attachmate Setup program starts.
- Install using defaults. This installs all three Web Edition services.
- Select the option "Restart my computer for me."
Note: A Windows restart is required to complete the installation of the Reflection for Secure IT server. It also starts the three services used by Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition.
- To confirm that the Reflection services are running, you can use the Windows Services console (Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services). These three services should be present and running: Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Server, Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT User Manager, and Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Web Transfer.
File server setup
Your file server for this evaluation can be either (or both) of the following:
- Any server available as a network share from the Web Edition system.
- Any UNIX or Windows system running a Secure Shell (SSH) server that includes an SFTP server. If you don't already have a running server, you can install an evaluation copy of Reflection for Secure IT for UNIX or Windows.
User workstation setup
The user workstation runs the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition Transfer Client, which is a browser-based Java applet.
- The browser must have Java installed. Java is available free of charge from the Oracle website: http://java.com/en/download/
Note: If any of your test systems are outside your network firewall, refer to the topic "Ports and Firewall Configuration" in the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition Administrator's Guide.