Password Login Fails at the Transfer Client Login Page
The Transfer Client login page displays, but the user is unable to log in.
The users sees an error message that says "The username or password you entered is incorrect" or the login page refreshes without displaying any error.
- Has the user been added to the User Manager?
In User Manager, select the LDAP server, enter the UserId and click Filter UserID to confirm that the user exists in the database.
- If the user exists, is the password correct?
If a Reflection directory user has forgotten the password, you can edit the user in User Manager to change the password.
- If the user is in an added LDAP server, has the user entered the correct credentials for their username on the LDAP server?
- If the user is in an added LDAP server and entered a username in the form domain\user, does the value for domain exactly match the Domain Name specified in User Manager?
Connect to User Manager, click LDAP Server, select your server, click Edit and check the value entered for Domain Name. If you specified mydomain.com, users must log using the format mydomain.com\user. Users will not be able to log in using the format mydomain\user.
The user sees an error message that says "Server not configured. Please contact your system administrator."
The user sees an error message that says "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later or contact your system administrator."
- Are the services running and available?
If you just restarted your Windows computer or just started your User Manager or Web Transfer service, wait a minute and try again. These services take a few moments to become available.
To confirm that the services are running, open the Windows Services console (Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services) and confirm that the Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT services are all running.
- Are required ports open in your firewall?
Check that port 9490 is open inbound to the system running the Reflection for Secure IT User Manager.
- Have you made configuration changes that affect the connection between the Reflection for Secure IT Server and the User Manager? For example, you may see this error after upgrading to version 8.1 from an 8.0 installation that had been configured to use a non-default server certificate.
On the server running the Reflection for Secure IT Server, start the server console. On the Web Edition Users pane, click Activate and verify.
For additional troubleshooting, refer to the log files for each of the Web Edition servers.