Transfer a File from an External User to the Document Depot
This transfer takes your test file from the user workstation to the document depot.
Before you begin
To test a transfer from the user workstation to the document depot
- Open a browser on the computer you designated to act as a user workstation.
- Enter the following URL, replacing <gateway_host> with the name or IP address of your Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition server:
- You will see a certificate warning message before you see the log in page. This warning shows up because the Transfer Client installs with a self-signed security certificate which is unknown to your browser. For initial testing purposes, you can ignore this warning and subsequent certificate warnings. Before you deploy to actual users, you will need to install a certificate from a well-known Certificate Authority (CA). Once the CA-signed certificate is installed, users will be able to log in without seeing certificate warnings..
- If you are already logged into the Transfer Client from a previous test, you can click Logout, then log in again to test changes you've made on the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition server.
- Log in using the username and password or your test user.
- On the server side, you should see the files in the Test directory. (This is the Remote base directory you configured using the Remote SFTP Server Connection dialog box. The contents of this directory are displayed when the user connects because you set it as the User Log in directory in the SFTP Directories pane.)
- Test an upload to the server from the client computer.
To confirm that the upload worked, log into your document depot using the credentials you specified for connections to this remote server and confirm that the document is present in the location you specified for Remote base directory in the Reflection for Secure IT server's Remote SFTP Server Connection dialog box.