Set Up for your Evaluation
For this evaluation, you'll use three systems:
- A gateway server running Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition
- A document depot running a Secure Shell (SSH) server
- A user workstation running a Java-enabled browser
Use the following procedures to configure these systems.
Note: For detailed system requirements, see the the Web Edition Administrator's Guide, which is available from the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition Documentation page.
To install an evaluation copy of Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition on the gateway server
- Log in as an administrator on the Windows Server (2008 or 2008 R2) that you are using as your gateway server.
- Go to the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition evaluation request page. Enter the requested user information, and click Submit. This sends an email message with download instructions to the address you provided.
- Open your Attachmate Product Evaluation email message and click the download link. This link takes you to a list of available downloads, including both Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition and the free PKI Services Manager Add-On.
Note: For this evaluation you do not need to install PKI Services Manager.
- Click the File Name link for your system (either Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 on x86_64 or Windows Server 2008 on x86).
- Select a location for the installer files and click OK. The files are extracted to the specified location, and the Attachmate Setup program starts. Install using defaults.
- After the installation is complete you'll be prompted to restart Windows.
Note: The restart is required to complete the installation of the Reflection for Secure IT server. It also starts the three services used by Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition.
- To confirm that the Reflection services are running, you can use the Windows Services console (Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services). These three services should be present and running: Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Server, Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Server, and Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Web Server
To configure the document depot
The server you use as your document depot can be any UNIX or Windows system running a Secure Shell (SSH) server that includes an SFTP server. If you don't already have a running server, you can install an evaluation copy of Reflection for Secure IT for UNIX or Windows.
Make a note of the following information about this server. You will need this when you configure connections from the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition server to the document depot.
- The DNS name or IP address
- A valid user account
- The port used for Secure Shell connections. (The default is 22.)
To configure the user workstation
You will use the workstation to run the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition Transfer Client. This is a Java applet that runs in a web browser.
- The browser must have Java installed. Java is available free of charge from the Oracle website: http://java.com/en/download/