Customize Group and User Settings
The Reflection for Secure IT server supports the ability to customize user- and group-specific options. These include the ability to apply subconfigurations and to control access to the server. These features are supported for external users that you have added using the Web Edition User Manager. To make customizations for external users, you need to configure the user or group you are configuring as a member of a domain called "Reflection.VirtualDirectory". The general procedure is outline below. For a specific example, see Set Transfer Permissions for an External User Group.
To configure a subconfiguration for an external user or group
- From the Web Edition User Manager, add the user. If you are configuring a group subconfiguration, add this user to the group.
- From the Configuration tab of the Reflection for Secure IT console, click either Group Configuration or User Configuration.
- For the group or user type, select Domain and enter the following for the domain name:
- Enter the name of the user or group you want to customize.
- Click any of the available options on the left side of the subconfiguration dialog box to configure options that will be applied to the specified user or group.
- Click OK to close the open dialog boxes.
- Save your settings (File > Save Settings).
To control server access for an external user or group
- From the Configuration tab of the Reflection for Secure IT console, click either Group Access Control or User Access Control.
- Click Add and enter the user or group name using the following format, replacing <name> with the user or group name.
- Specify the access setting for this user or group (allow or deny). For information about how allow and deny settings affect user access, see the Reflection for Secure IT Help topics "Controlling Access by User" and "Controlling Access by Group."
- Click OK and save your Reflection for Secure IT settings.