Install Web Edition on the Gateway Server
Install Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition on the system that will act as your gateway server.
Note: You must be logged in as an Administrator to install Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition.
To install Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition from the download site
- Click the download link and run the download program.
- Select a location for the installer files and click OK.
The files are extracted to the specified location, and the Attachmate Setup program starts.
- (Optional) To personalize the installation, click the User Information tab and enter the name, organization, and Volume Purchase Agreement (VPA) number (if you have a VPA).
Note: VPA numbers are used by customer support to expedite service requests.
- (Optional) To change the default installation folder, click the File Location tab.
- Click Install Now.
- After the installation is complete you'll be prompted to restart Windows.
Note: The restart is required to complete the installation of the Reflection for Secure IT server. It also starts the three services used by Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition.
To confirm that the Reflection for Secure IT Web Edition services are running
- Open the Windows Services console (Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services).
- Confirm that the following services are running. (These services are not started by the installer, but are started automatically when you restart Windows.)
- Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Server
- Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT User Manager
- Attachmate Reflection for Secure IT Web Server
Note: After the Windows services have started, it may take several seconds before the web sites provided by these services are accessible.