Add (Chain) Installations and Run Programs
Reflection for Secure IT makes it easy to "chain" installs. You can set up an install to run companion install packages automatically before or after the primary installation. You can also specify to run other scripts or programs.
Note: This method of "chaining " installations applies only to installs performed with Setup.exe. It does not apply to installs that use the MSI command line method.
To chain installations and programs
- On a workstation on which you have installed Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a desktop shortcut or from a command line as follows:
- Select Create a new setup customization file for the following product, and then click OK.
- From the Attachmate Customization Tool navigation pane, select User Interface and then select Use this customization with interactive installs using setup.exe.
- From the Attachmate Customization Tool navigation pane, choose Add installations and run programs.
- Click Add.
The Add/Modify Program Entry dialog box opens.
- In the Target list, enter or select the folder where the program .exe file or the .msi file resides, and then enter the executable to run; for example:
- Under Arguments, enter the command-line arguments to execute; for example:
- To specify when to run the program, select either Run this program after base product has been installed, or Run this program before the base product has been installed.
Note: For most cases, select Run this program after the base product has been installed. If you select Run this program before the base product has been installed and the program fails, Reflection for Secure IT is not installed.
- Repeat these steps to add other programs or MSI files.
- To change the execution sequence, use the arrows next to Move (at the bottom left area of the pane); to remove a program from the list, select it in the list and click Remove.