Apply a Transform to Your Installation
If you have created a transform to customize how Reflection for Secure IT is installed, you will need to deploy the transform with the primary installation. Transforms can be used with any install started with setup.exe or with command-line installs (used by many deployment tools). The installer can only apply transforms during an installation.
To add the transform to an install started with setup.exe
- On a workstation on which you have installed Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a desktop shortcut (if you set up a shortcut as shown on page ) or from a command line as follows:
- In the Select Customization dialog box, select Open an existing Setup customization file or Companion installer, and then click OK.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the location you selected when you created your transform file, and select the transform (.mst) file.
- From the User interface panel, select Use this customization with interactive installs using setup.exe.
When you save your transform with this option selected, Attachmate Customization Tool automatically updates the SETUP.INI file to apply your transform to the Reflection installation by adding the following line to the [Setup] section in the SETUP.INI file:
- From the File menu, click Save. (If Save is grayed out, click Exit and you will be prompted to save the file.)
The transform can now be deployed to end users via the setup.exe file. (Users can run setup.exe or the setup.exe file can be called from a script or initiated from a command line.)
To add the transform to a setup.exe command-line install