Install FTP Client Settings
This procedure uses the Modify user settings option in the Attachmate Customization Tool to install custom FTP Client settings. Before you begin, create an administrative installation. You will use setup.exe in this installation to launch the Attachmate Customization Tool. The FTP Client must also be installed on your computer.
To configure your settings
- Launch the Reflection Secure FTP Client.
- Configure the sites and settings you want to include in the installation and save your settings.
To create a companion installer
- From a command line, open the Attachmate Customization Tool:
- From the Select Customization dialog box, select Create a new Companion installer (or open an existing MSI), and then click OK.
- From the navigation pane, click Specify package information. Use this panel to specify the program name you want your package to use in the Windows Add or Remove Programs list. Also specify your organization name.
- From the navigation pane, click Specify install locations. Under Installation type, select Installs only for the user who installs it.
- From the navigation pane, click Modify User Settings.
- Select Reflection FTP Client in the list of Reflection products, then click Define.
Note: The Define button is not available if FTP Client is not installed on your workstation.
- Select the FTP Client settings you want to include in your deployment and click OK. You'll see a confirmation message saying that the settings were exported. Click OK to close this message.
Note: When User settings is not selected (the default), the exported file won't include user-specific information such as user names and passwords. Click the dialog box Help button for more information.
- Click File > Save As and enter a name for your installer file (for example FTPClientSettings.msi).
To deploy the customized companion installer
- Add your companion installer to the Reflection installation.
- Instruct users to install using Setup.exe.
The companion package installs the xml settings file to an Attachmate\Reflection folder in the user's application data folder. When an rftp.xml file is installed in this location, settings configured in this file are migrated to a Settings.rfw file the first time the user runs the FTP Client.