Configure Password User Authentication
Use the Password pane to configure password authentication settings. Password authentication must also be supported by the client.
To configure password authentication on the server
- Start the server console, and then click Configuration.
- Go to Authentication > Password.
- Configure the server to allow, require, or deny password authentication.
- When you select Deny, both password authentication and keyboard interactive authentication are denied, regardless of whether Password authentication using keyboard interactive is selected.
- When you select Require and Password authentication using keyboard interactive is not selected, the server requires traditional password authentication; keyboard interactive authentication is not required.
- Configure additional password authentication options, including:
- The number of password attempts to allow, and the delay between tries.
- Whether to permit empty passwords, and/or whether to allow password changes.
Note: When Password authentication using keyboard interactive is not selected, these settings apply to traditional password authentication only; when selected, these settings also apply to keyboard interactive authentication.
- Click File > Save.