Add a New Site to your Connection List
Use the Connect to FTP Site dialog box to add new sites to your connection list.
To add a new FTP or SFTP site to your connection list
- Start the FTP Client.
This opens the Connect to FTP Site dialog box. (If the FTP Client is already running and this dialog box is not open, go to Connection > Connect.)
- Click New to start the Add FTP Site Wizard.
- Type the host name or IP address of the FTP (or SFTP) server and click Next.
- Specify whether to log in with a user name or using an anonymous login. (Anonymous logons are not allowed for SFTP connections.)
- (Optional) To configure additional site properties, click Advanced in the Login Information panel.
- (Optional) To configure a secure connection, click Security in the Login Information panel.
Note: You can also modify the security and other properties later. To do this select the site in the Connect to FTP Site dialog box and click Security or Properties.
- If you are configuring a connection for a registered user, you'll see the FTP User Login panel. Type your user name. You can also save your password as obfuscated text in the settings file.
- In the Connect panel, enter a descriptive name for this site. This name is used in the Connect to FTP Site dialog box.
- Specify whether you want to connect to the site now and click Finish.
- From the File menu, click Save to save this change to the current settings file.