Remove an Installation
To remove Reflection, you can use the Windows Control Panel, the Attachmate Setup Program user interface, or a command line. To remove a companion installation, you can use the Windows Control Panel or a command line.
Note: You must log on with administrator privileges to remove Reflection.
To remove an installation using the Windows control panel
- To open the Programs and Features control panel go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. (On older Windows systems, this Control Panel is called Add or Remove Programs.)
- Select the name of the installation that you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall (or Remove).
To remove an installation with the Attachmate Setup Program user interface
- From an administrative installation image, click the setup.exe file.
- From the tab, select Remove, and then click Continue.
To remove an installation from the ACT (setup.exe) command line
CAUTION: If you use the following instructions to find the product code in the registry, make sure you do not change any registry values. Changing these values can damage an installation. If you prefer not to use the registry, you can get the product code by contacting Attachmate Technical Support.
- Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and find this key:
Each key under the Uninstall key is the product code or Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) for a product installed on the computer.
- In the Uninstall key, search for DisplayName to locate the GUID associated with the product you want to uninstall.
- At the command prompt or the Start menu Run command, change to the directory in which the setup.exe file resides and enter:
setup.exe /uninstall ProductCode
where ProductCode is the Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) that is the principal identifier for the product.
To remove a companion installer package with MSI directly