Set Tab Colors
When you are running multiple sessions, color-coding session tabs can help identify which host application each session is connected to.
You can customize the text and background colors of a session tab. After you set the tab colors for your sessions, you can save them in a layout file so that the tab colors are used the next time you open the layout.
- You can save session tab color settings only in layout files. These settings are not saved in session files.
- You can change only one tab at a time. You cannot globally change all tab colors.
To set tab background and text colors
You can set different colors for a session tab’s text and background. You can also set different colors for active and inactive states.
- On the Session tab, right-click and then select Customize Tab Colors to open the Customize Tab Colors dialog box.
- To set inactive tab colors, in the Inactive tab colors list, click Change and then select the foreground (text) color or background color.
- Set the Active tab colors in the same way.
- Save the color settings in a layout.
Tip: If you want to set only the tab background color, you can use an alternative approach. With a session open, click the Appearance tab and from the Color menu, choose a color. Then click on the session tab to set its background color. (The selected color is used as the tab’s background, for both active and inactive states.)