Enter Data with Auto Expand
Use the Auto Expand feature to add acronyms or shortcuts for long words, phrases, or complex repeat commands. The shortcut, when typed and followed by the Spacebar, automatically expands to the full word or phrase.
- This feature is not available with VT sessions.
- Expansion does not occur in hidden-text fields such as passwords.
To enter data with Auto Expand
- Build a dictionary in the Auto Expand Settings.
- Open the Document Settings dialog box.
- On the Settings dialog box, under Productivity, click Configure Auto Expand
- From the Configure Auto Expand dialog box, create the desired Auto Expand definitions.
- Click OK.
- To insert data using Auto Expand, in the host field where you want the expanded data, type the abbreviation for an entry, and then press the Spacebar key.
The abbreviation is replaced with the Auto Expand definition you specified.