Remove an Installation
To remove Reflection, you can use the Attachmate Installation Program user interface, the command line, or the Windows Control Panel. To remove a companion installation, you can use the command line or the Windows Control Panel.
Note: You must log on with administrator privileges to remove the product. If you do not have the necessary access rights, request that your system administrator elevate your privileges.
To remove an installation with the Attachmate Installation Program user interface
- From an administrative installation image, click the setup.exe file.
- From the Select a Maintenance option and click Continue screen, select Remove, and then click Continue.
To remove an installation from the ACT (setup.exe) command line
CAUTION: If you use the following instructions to find the product code in the registry, make sure you do not change any registry values. Changing these values can damage an installation. If you prefer not to use the registry, you can get the product code by contacting Attachmate Technical Support.
- Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and find this key:
Each key under the Uninstall key is the product code or Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) for a product installed on the computer.
- In the Uninstall key, search for Attachmate Reflection to find the Attachmate Reflection product code.
- Verify that the DisplayName includes "Attachmate Reflection… 2011."
- At the command prompt or the Start menu Run command, change to the directory in which the setup.exe file resides and enter:
setup.exe /uninstall ProductCode
where ProductCode is the Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) that is the principal identifier for the product.
To remove a companion installer package with MSI directly
To remove an installation using "Uninstall or change a program" (or Windows Add/Remove)
- From the Windows Uninstall or change a program (or the Add or Remove Programs) control panel, do one of the following:
- Select the primary installation of Reflection that you want to remove.
- Select the name of the companion installation you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall (or Remove).