Reflection 2011 Release 3 Service Pack 1 includes two major new features:
- The Reflection Workspace can now be configured for a tablet-style user interface. By accessing Reflection through a Citrix server, you can run Reflection tablet mode in Apple iPad, Android, or Microsoft Surface tablets.
- Screen decoration is a major new API feature that allows you to highlight fields and overlay controls such as drop-down lists, buttons, and date pickers on your terminal session windows.
Tablet Interface Mode
The tablet mode contains several features designed to improve usability of terminal sessions on tablets:
- A split pane window provides access to the same menu commands available on the ribbon and browser interfaces.
- An on-screen keyboard can be configured for language, transparency level, and other properties.
- A gallery of open sessions allows you to switch sessions or quickly open recent sessions.
You can navigate with touch gestures, just as you do on other tablet applications. (Because of Citrix limitations, some of your device's gestures may not be supported.)
Using Screen Decorations, you can customize your session interface to make it easier to use. With the VBA or .NET API, you can:
- Highlight required fields and add tool tips to fields to help your users get over the difficult spots in your session interface
- Replace old-style numbered option lists with more modern drop down selection lists
- Replace manual date entry with a graphical calendar date picker
- Add buttons to the interface and program them to start macros or perform other actions.