Record a Macro
You can record a macro to automate your interaction with host applications, including:
- Sending data to, or typing text in, a host application.
- Cutting, copying, or pasting text or data from one host application to another.
- Switching tabs to move from one host application to another.
You cannot record:
- Interaction with Reflection settings and Productivity features (such as Spell Check, Auto Expand, and Auto Complete).
- Connecting to or disconnecting from a host.
- Interaction with Web applications.
- Cutting or pasting from a host to an external application (for example, Notepad).
To record a macro
- Select the Tools ribbon.
- From the Macros group, click Record Macro.
- Perform the task(s) that you want to automate.
- (Optional) If you need to interrupt the recording to perform another task, click Pause Recording. When you are ready to resume recording, click Pause Recording again.
- When you are finished recording the macro, click Record Macro again.
The Recording Complete dialog box appears.
- Name the macro, choose the location where you want to save it, and then click OK.
Note: You can fine-tune recorded macros by using the Visual Basic Editor. For more information, see Edit a Macro.