Modify Setup Properties
You can modify existing Reflection setup properties or add your own properties to the install. An example of an installer property is ARPHELPLINK, which sets the URL used by the support link in Programs and Features (or the Add/Remove Programs list in Windows XP).
Caution: Do not overwrite existing properties unless you fully understand how the changes affect your install. Setting properties to incorrect values can break the install.
Do not change Public properties (those with UPPERCASE names) specific to Attachmate installers. Changing these properties can affect the installation or future updates of those installers. Modify or add only "Public" properties that are documented in the Windows Installer documentation.
To modify installation properties
- On a workstation on which you have installed Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a desktop shortcut or from a command line as follows:
- From the Select Customization dialog box, select the option that best describes the task you are performing.
- From the Attachmate Customization Tool navigation pane, select Modify setup properties.
- To add a property, Click Add. In the Add/Modify Property Value dialog box, in the Name box, enter the property name. In the Value box, enter the property attribute.
Note: Some Reflection applications support a Setup Property called WRQ_USERDIR. This property affects only those applications whose default user data directory is %personalfolder%\Attachmate\Reflection. If the application you are installing does not include an option on the installer File Location tab for changing the user data directory, you can use this property to specify a non-default user data directory.
- From the File menu, choose Save As.