Deploy Kerberos Settings with a Companion Installer
System administrators can configure the Reflection Kerberos client on other computers by including Kerberos configuration settings in a custom installation.
To deploy Kerberos settings
- Install Reflection (including Kerberos Manager).
- Start Kerberos Manager and configure the settings you want to export.
- Choose Tools > Export Settings > As Configuration File.
- (Optional) Clear Allow Configuration to disable the Configure Realms and Export Settings commands on the end-users' PCs.
- Save the file to a location you can easily find, such as the desktop, and then click OK.
- Create an administrative installation of Reflection (or use an existing one).
- On a workstation on which you have installed Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a desktop shortcut or from a command line as follows:
- From the Select Customization dialog box, select Create a new Companion installer (or open an existing MSI), and then click OK.
- From the navigation pane, select Specify install locations.
- Under Installation type, specify either Installs to all users of a machine or Installs only for the user who installs it.
- From the navigation pane, select Add files.
- Browse to select the Kerberos configuration file.
- Under Add files to, specify one of the following locations:
To install Kerberos settings
Specify this location
For all users of the computer
Only for the user who installs this package
- Click File > Save As and enter a name for your installer file (for example, KerberosSettings.msi)
- Install this package with Reflection.
When the configuration file is installed correctly, the Reflection Kerberos client is configured automatically the first time the user uses Kerberos.