Upgrading from Previous Versions
When you install Reflection 2011, it upgrades the following Attachmate products:
- Reflection for IBM 2007 and 2008
- Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2008
- Reflection for IBM v. 8.0 - 14.x
- Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS v. 8.0 - 14.x
- Reflection for the Multi-Host Enterprise,Standard Edition v. 8.0 - 14.x
- EXTRA! X-treme v. 8.0 - 9.x
- myEXTRA! Enterprise v. 7.0
- myEXTRA! v. 7.x
- EXTRA! Enterprise 2000
Note: Reflection 2007 and 2008 are automatically removed when you upgrade. EXTRA! and the other Reflection products are automatically removed when you upgrade using setup.exe. If you upgrade these products by deploying the .msi file directly, you will get a message telling you to uninstall the older software first.
For detailed information about upgrading, see Technical Note 2508.
Supported Reflection Configuration Files
Reflection 2011 represents an upgrade over previous versions of both Reflection and EXTRA!. Most configuration files used with these products are supported by the new version.
For a complete list of legacy Reflection and EXTRA! files supported by Reflection 2011, see Technical Note 2193.