Create an Administrative Installation Point
To prepare your environment for deployment, you will need to create an administrative installation point. You do this by installing an administrative install image of Reflection on a network share (typically on a file server). An administrative install image is a source image of the application, similar to an image on a DVD. It includes all the files required to install Reflection as well as the administrative tools used for customization.
Caution: For this procedure, use only the Advanced and File Location tabs. Configurations made from other tabs will be ignored.
- Attachmate’s recommended practice is to create an administrative installation point before you install Reflection on a workstation. This allows you to use the administrative installation point for the workstation installation.
- If you prefer to use a command line instead of the Attachmate Installation Program graphical interface, you can create an administrative install image from the command line as follows:
path_to_setup_file\Setup.exe /install /admin TARGETDIR=UNC_path_to_administrative_installation_point
- If you prefer to install Reflection on your workstation first, you must create the administrative install image from the command line as follows:
path_to_setup_file_on_your_workstation\Setup.exe /install /admin TARGETDIR=UNC_path_to_administrative_installation_point
To create an administrative install point
- Create a network share on a network file server.
- Click the download link, and then run the download program. Select a location for the installer files, and then click Next.
This extracts the files to the specified location and starts the Attachmate Installation Program. (If you have already downloaded the files, click the setup.exe file to start the installation program.)
- Click Continue and accept the license.
- From the Advanced tab, click Create an Administrative install image on a server.
- Click Continue, and then browse to the network share you want to use for the administrative install image.
Important! Be sure to specify the path to the network share as a UNC path (for example: \\share_name\administrative_install_point).
- Click Install Now.
Note: Administrative installation images are typically created in a file server folder. However, you can create administrative installation images in any folder on a local hard disk, which can be useful for testing purposes.